19 June 2009

Swiftlet Sanctuary About Ready To Receive Swiftlets

There have been little report on the progress of my swiftlet sanctuary lately. Today, I would like to inform that my sanctuary is almost ready. I am calling my birdhouse a sanctuary because this is what the place really is that, a shelter conducive for swiftlets to stay. The sound system has been installed and the electricity has been connected. The plumbing works with fountains and internal drainage is almost completed with only minor pipe works still to be carried out. Though there is a stream flowing through, I will not be using the stream water. I have engaged a contractor to bore into the ground and I will be using underground water for my ponds and fountains as well as for daily use. My workers is doing the cleaning up, cleaning the floors and scrapping left over concrete from the affected nesting planks. My workers will also be patching the holes left by the plumbing works and will waterproofed them as well as waterproofing part of the roof slab which have hairline cracks. All these works will take another few days to complete and hopefully I will be able to commission my sanctuary by 1st july 2009. I have picked a few aromas to apply prior to commissioning the sanctuary. I will by applying different aromas to different parts of the sanctuary, one into the plastic containers on the floor, one into the water fountain on the 1st floor, one to the walls and a portion of the nesting planks. Lets see which part will have the nest first.


On top of the Hollow

1st., 2nd. and 3rd. floor topped up with a layer of wire mesh
and 1 1/2 inch cement mortar to strengthen the floor slab

Piping works to pool

4-way tweeter and hexagonal tweeter on top of pole

Another view of 4-way tweeter and hexagonal tweeter
The Hollow mouth is open wide to welcome the swiftlets.
Notice the tweeters at the corner and edge

No comments: